Judge Massei Sentencing Report     The Meredith Kercher Fund     The Murder Of Meredith Kercher Wiki     True Justice For Meredith Kercher     Judge Nencini Sentencing Report 

Last visit was: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:58 am
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:58 am
All times are UTC

RUDY HERMANN GUEDE

Moderators: Nell, Ergon, Michael, Moderators

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]

Offline Michael

Site Admin

Highscores: 113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 am   Post subject: RUDY HERMANN GUEDE   

RUDY HERMANN GUEDE'S TRANSLATED GERMAN DIARY

Rudy's Translated German prison diary, written in Koblenz whilst awaiting extradition to Italy, in various different formats. The Powerpoint and PDF versions contain the original text alongside the translation. Trans; Traduco, Sparrow & Nicki:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 pm   Post subject: RUDY'S VAMPIRE VIDEO   

RUDY GUEDE'S VAMPIRE VIDEO

Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm   Post subject: FACEBOOK PHOTO ALBUM   

RUDY GUEDE'S MIRRORED FACEBOOK PHOTO ALBUM

FACEBOOK PHOTO ALBUM
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:49 pm   Post subject: TRANSCRIPT: GUEDE'S SKYPE CONVERSATION   

TRANSCRIPT: RUDY GUEDE'S ONLINE SKYPE CONVERSATION, NOVEMBER 2007

Quote:
Transcript: Meredith Kercher suspect's online Skype chat

Fourth suspect Rudy Hermann Guede allegedly spoke to a friend who, unknown to him, was inside a Perugia police station

Friend

Ciao Rudy, how are you?

Rudy Hermann Guede

Not too well.

Friend

Where are you?

RHG

I'm in Dusseldorf and I have no money.

Friend

Where are you staying?

RHG

I'm living in a barge on the Rhine and sleeping on trains, without paying for a ticket. It's tough, I can't do this any more.

Friend

Would you like me to send some money?

RHG

Well, that would be useful.

Friend

OK, look, I'll send you 50 Euros through Western Union, then you can pick it up.

RHG

Thanks, but it’s already late in the evening.

Friend

They're talking about you here [in Perugia].

RHG

I know what happened in Perugia, but they're making a mistake. I am not “The Baron”, I'm called Byron after Scott Byron, the famous basketball player.

Friend

But they are saying other things.

RHG

Listen, you know I knew those girls, I knew them both, Meredith and Amanda, but nothing more, you know that. I've been to their house twice, the last time a few days before all this business, but I didn't do anything. I have nothing to do with this business. I wasn't there that evening. If they have found my fingerprints it means I must have left them there before.

Friend

But your photo is everywhere.

RHG

I've seen it, the police were wrong to put my photo around like that. I'm not how they describe me. I have nothing to do with that night.

Friend

But if you have nothing to do with it why don't you come back? I'll help you to find a good lawyer who can clear things up.

RHG

I'm afraid. But I don't want to stay in Germany, I'm black and if the police catch me I don't know what they might do to me. I prefer Italian jails.

THE TIMES
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 pm   Post subject: IT ISN'T ME IN THE VIDEO   

IT ISN'T ME IN THE VIDEO

Trans: Jools

Messaggero.
Rudy: "Why was not I in that camera"

PERUGIA - First the allegations, launched by a weekly magazine, (OGGI) that show him as the man with the windbreaker jacket and sneakers in the San Antonio parking lot around 21.00 hours the night of the murder.
Then, afterwards arrived those in writing, those even increasingly more stringent during the hearing process. Also yesterday, Francesco Vinci expert consultant for Raffaele Sollecito, juxtaposed the print of the bloody foot that remained on the bathmat with that of the foot of Rudy to indicate that those footprints are not of Raffaele and the culprit is another.
“The process has restarted but the logic is always the same, that of making me to be the only culprit -says Rudy, from prison to his defense lawyers Valter Biscotti and Nicodemo Gentile-. It seeks, therefore to mystify the reality with the help of journalists friends whom to reward the logic are ready to published false reconstructions, truly and proper utter hoax.”

Rudy did not go down with the article “published by the weekly magazine which states that the person photographed by the CCTV cameras inside the parking lot of St. Antonio on the first November around 21 hours with the jacket is me.” According to Rudy all explanations given in the article are false: “My presence in the parking lot supposedly confirmed by the fact that the photographed man was wearing Nike shoes and a jacket that is identical to the one I had in my hand when I arrived at Rome airport from Germany.”
But Rudy has a precise explanation that exonerates him: "That jacket it was brought to me in jail in Germany by my father when he came to visit me: he had just bought it. This is also confirmed by the list of clothes I had the day I entered prison. It’s obvious that it is false. It’s shameful that these falsehoods can be written. It’s a hoax. Furthermore if you look properly at the images, you can see that the person passing under the camera is white and has glasses”. Lawyer Gentile reinforcing adds: “The Sollecito defense instead of bringing technical evidence, continues with magic games. In fact, only a magician can match the imprint left by a person who wears size 43 with that of a person who wears, however, the size 46. This is the usual reconstruction soundly rejected, we must never forget, by the gup Paolo Micheli who indicted them and sent them to trial.

IL MESSAGGERO
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Hungarian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:26 am   Post subject: Re: RUDY GUDE'S TRANSLATED GERMAN DIARY   

http://www.lastampa.it/multimedia/multi ... tipo=#mpos

Did ever anyone translate the full Skype-conversation of Rudy with his friend? because here it is -- much longer than the one published here.
Top Profile 

Offline nicki

Forensics Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 pm   Post subject: Re: RUDY GUDE'S TRANSLATED GERMAN DIARY   

Hungarian wrote:
http://www.lastampa.it/multimedia/multimedia.asp?p=78&pm=1&IDmsezione=9&IDalbum=13208&tipo=#mpos

Did ever anyone translate the full Skype-conversation of Rudy with his friend? because here it is -- much longer than the one published here.

I have not translated it but has listenend to it. Most interesting parts 9 and 10 where Rudy states :
-"the Italian aggressor was not taller than I am"
-"The aggressor's hair was not blond, actually darker" (NdT: why didn't he just say "his hair was dark"? Why did he need to specify that his hair was not blond)?
-"I have read on the press that Meredith's clothes were wet in the washer". if is this is true, it was Amanda or Raffaele who washed her clothes because when I left she was fully clothed, wearing jeans, a white shirt and a wollen "thing" (NdT: sweater?).
-"the window was not broken".

Giacomo asks Rudy "why do you say they washed her clothes" Rudy replies "because when I left she was fully dressed". Giacomo asks again "Why the F****should Amanda wash Meredith's clohes if she wasn't the one who did it??" Rudy sort of stumble on words and says "well someone came back..." then he adds "the window was not broken when I left".

Rudy seems to suggest that the "Unknown Italian" killed Meredith, ran away and then came back to break the window and undress the victim. If we replace the "unknown Italian" with the two defendants, this is just what prosecution maintains- except that Rudy was present when Meredith was killed and most probably helped to constrain her if not to contribute to the throat slashing, with a different knife. Clearly, by providing the other two with an alibi-since he first says that Amanda wasn't there-he's trying to cover his ass. The tone and nuances in his voice when he says :"Amanda or Raffaele put the clothes in the washer", "the window was not broken", "someone came back..."-sound to me like partial truths slipping out of his mouth in order to give some "explanation" for evidence that he knew police would quickly find out (staging, mopping, undressing the victim after the murder).

Offline Hungarian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 am   Post subject: Re: RUDY GUDE'S TRANSLATED GERMAN DIARY   

Thanks a lot, Nicki, I wish someone had the time and patience to translate all the stuff -- the original conversation they say is three hours long -- this is still only an excerpt.
Top Profile 

Offline nicki

Forensics Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:55 am   Post subject: Re: RUDY GUDE'S TRANSLATED GERMAN DIARY   

Hungarian wrote:
Thanks a lot, Nicki, I wish someone had the time and patience to translate all the stuff -- the original conversation they say is three hours long -- this is still only an excerpt.

I agree, Rudy's tone of voice, pauses etc are very telling. I don't know if and where the three hours conversation is available...would love to listen to it.

Offline Michael

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 am   Post subject: A BOY WITHOUT A FAMILY   

A BOY WITHOUT A FAMILY

Trans: Jools

Quote:
"A boy without a family."

Says Mrs. Marcella, mother of a classmate that had him (RG) stayed over in their home. "Rudy was divided between the teachers and parents of friends."
A hard life for Rudy Guede has been greatly helped by Mrs. Marcella and teachers.

“He has always lived in difficulty. In an uphill struggle. Every stages of his life. But those who know him like me and so many of us in Ponte San Giovanni and Pieve di Campo, can not believe that Rudy could be blame for the horrendous murder he is charged.”

Mrs. Marcella can speak with good reason: not only that she knows Rudy since the elementary second grade, as he went to the same school as her eldest son, but because for a long period of time, between January and June of 2004, she even had him staying in her house. Her son, Nicholas, has obtained today his university degree.

She doesn’t avoid, when contacted, to spare some of her time, on such important day for her entire family to speak of this young man, currently under the weight of a heavy sentence. “I met Rudy when he was 7 years old and attending the second grade. I knew he was living a heavy family situation. His father worked up to 17-18 hrs in the afternoon. So as not to leave him alone, we, the teachers alternating took him in every day in our homes. He ate with us, did his homework and played with our children until the moment he could return to be with his father. Initially, we had enrolled him -I talk in plural because as well as me there were others also involved who took an interest in his case, the teachers Ivana and Marisa in addition were the parents of some of the children- at the Pontevecchio football club. Afterwards he went, always in the same club, to basketball. He was very good, one of the best. Always correct, never aggressive. I remember it was funny to see them in the street, my son blond and him dark brown, together...” Rudy was divided between several families: those of the teachers, the parents of his friends from school or basketball. Everyone liked him and he reciprocated. “I remember when he had his first communion in the church of San Bartolomeo, officiated by Don Annibale Valigi, now sadly gone. Problems surfaced for the dress attire, but were settled by the friends families. The practical problems, small change, materials we solved them for him. He was also a guest in the home of teacher Mancini. That’s how it was until, at age 17, he found the foster family.”

Mrs. Marcella has a little anecdote on this moment in the life of Rudy. “When he came to see us, completely happy for having found a family, I gave him an album with some photos. Among them were those of the First Communion, together with my son. I remember that I put in that album one of the few photos, if not the only one that he carried with him and reminded him of his land, Africa. A photograph in which he appeared standing with a pair of little shorts and sandals on his feet, with trees in the background." When elementary school finished Mrs. Marcella son attended the Sao Paulo middle school while Rudy enrolled in Ponte San Giovanni, therefore there was a period when relations were less frequent. “Never the less he still came to my house on holidays. He had breakfast and then went to mass. I'll tell you that he was not always appropriately dressed in respect of the climate. He had no roots; there was no point of reference in his home. His father was probably too young for such responsibility and the partners he had, some had been attentive to the needs of Rudy, but others slightly less.” Then came high school. Rudy chose to attend the catering college of Assisi. “In this period the traumatic aspect was represented by the fact that his father had moved from Ponte San Giovanni to Pontenuovo in Torgiano. Rudy there was not happy. He had his friends in Ponte San Giovanni, his peers and their families. I am convinced that he had suffered a lot from this transfer. Went to school in Assisi and played basketball with the Liomatic. That’s why he turned to coming to my house more often. Among other, he found a part-time job in a pizzeria. The day of the week when he worked was coming to sleep with us, so not to face the late trip back at 11 pm to Pontenuovo. However, even on other days we willingly have him over. With us, he would eat and then accompanied him to the ‘Pellini’ for training. One day I saw him cry. He explained that his father was about to leave for the Ivory Coast, where he would stay for three weeks.”

In reality, there was a whole host of problems (Rudy's father explained that he found himself in the Ivory Coast in the middle of a civil war) from January to June, the boy remained practically alone. “The situation worsened as the three weeks lengthened to four-five months. It distressed me the fact of having in the shoulders the responsibility of a minor boy. Both I and the teachers Marisa and Ivana tried calling his father to ask to send us at least a fax, confirming that he had left his son. No answer. It’s true, however, that when Rudy's father returned to Italy he seemed upset, weakened. What he had suffered, or went through, this I don’t know. But it was clear that he was not well. It was during this time that Mrs. Marcella received a phone call from Rudy’s aunt and asked to bring her nephew to Lecco (Lombardy). "At first we didn’t want to send, him, but after a phone call from the embassy, my husband took Rudy to Lombardy. I remember my husband was not feeling well then and he was accompanied on this trip, by my brother in law.” Then came the fostering parents. “I remember that Rudy was dressed better, more appropriate.

Used to found him sometimes around Corso Vannucci. Even then, he had some problems at school. He was enrolled in the third year of the catering school, at the end of which was to obtain a diploma, but then he enrolled in ‘Ragioneria’ (commercial school), and probably didn’t have the right sufficient basics to take this school course.”

At Ponte San Giovanni and Pieve di Campo, Rudy continued to visit his ever friends. "He was very attached to the community where he grew up, even the parish. I remember that summer was to attend the summer campus organized by Don Annibale. I remember Rudy in a deep crisis with his father ..." Recounts Mrs. Marcella, another unpublished anecdote. “One day he caught the flu and he, who had never been ill before, was very worried for those tonsils in his throat that had been diagnosed by a doctor. He could not even swallow the antibiotics. He was so worried, scared, he asked me to call all his friends. He said: “I'm going to die, I want to see them for the last time.” So, we made him happy, just for a laugh, to defuse the situation. All the boys around him, with the influenza and frightened: it was a funny little scene...”

How was Rudy’s nature, character, Mrs. Marcella has no doubts. “One polite young man, brought up. Confusing, messy, perhaps more than our children, of course, but was understandable given his age and considering that he had no family, so to speak, normal. I, however, had given him the key to the house, like my eldest son. Not without feeling worried, sometimes anxious. But he was always correct. Neither from my home nor from the other houses nothing ever went missing. Moreover, he never appeared aggressive. Extremely correct in the field when he played basketball and even in discussions among boys. If the discussion heated up, he pulled back.” Shy and introverted, too. "I remember when he attended the mid third grade, one day he arrived in my house all excited because he was going to visit his mother in Africa. We took the world-map to look at the route the plane would take. I remember there weren’t time zone problems. So much happiness on the eve of departure, then curl up like a clam, quietly when he returned. What he lived through during those twenty days I do not know. He never opened up with us.”

From prison, he still writes to Mrs. Marcella. "He sent me many letters for which I replied little, to tell the truth, either because I had some family problems, or because I did not know how to comfort him objectively, what to say. On the other hand, we understand that he writes, above all, to let off steam. When his friend Giacomo (Benedetti) goes to visit him, we always send him something. Not just me, all the families friends ..." There is between Ponte San Giovanni and Pieve di Campo a sort of network of solidarity around this young man, because Rudy is in need of everything. "I think he has always desired a family. Desired to die. But has always walked a different path. Who knows him, as we and our children do, continues to believe that by his behavior, character, life lived Rudy cannot have stained himself with such a crime. We have never seen him be aggressive; we have never heard him utter a bad word. For this he seems to us another person, that Rudy told in the newspapers and on television."
Rudy now relies, by necessity, his future, is at the trial court of Assizes Appeal.

By:Elio Clerio Bertoldi

http://www.corrieredellumbria.it/news.asp?id=29
Top Profile E-mail 

Offline Michael

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:17 am   Post subject: RUDY'S VERSIONS OF WHAT HAPPENED AT THE COTTAGE   

RUDY'S VERSIONS OF WHAT HAPPENED AT THE COTTAGE

Rudy Guede offered an account of what happened at the cottage on several different occassions. The first occassion was to a friend via a Skype call that was being monitored by Italian police. The next was to German police while he was awaiting extradition to Italy and the next was to the Italian prosecutor. In each version, some details were added whilst others were changed and what changed and when can be confusing for the case student. The following extract from the Motivations Report from Rudy's final appeal made to the Italian High Court provides an overview of the sequence of accounts provided by him and the changes made. It should be noted however, the Motivations Report omits Rudy's diary entry (dubbed the 'German Diary', as it was written whilst he was in Koblenz prison in Germany awaiting extradition to Italy) which also contains an account of the murder. It also omits his spontaneous statement to the appeal court and his letter, where he identifies both Knox and Sollecito as being present at the cottage. All text formatting from the Report has been retained, including translator footnotes.

Quote:
- 4 - Guede's interrogations

The presence of Guede in the upstairs flat of the house at 7 via della Pergola is established; it
was actually admitted by Guede during his first interrogation in Germany, where he went
after leaving Perugia on Nov. 3, 2007, and where he was captured in the act of returning to
Italy following an arrest warrant put out by the GIP (Preliminary Investigation Judge) on
Nov. 20, 2007, as he had told his friend GB. Via the Internet, B had succeeded in getting into
contact with him on Nov. 19, 2007, using the Skype program, as a volunteer for the P.G.

(Judicial Police), and had learned some information from him about the allegations against
him that were appearing in the newspapers and on the television news. During that
conversation, Guede stated his intention of returning to Italy, declared that he had nothing to
do with the crime, and told his friend what had happened in Kercher's flat, repeating the story
shortly afterwards to the German authorities. One significant [5] sentence pronounced by
Guede to B: «I was scared that they would say I was the only guilty person».

During the interrogation of Nov 21, 2007 by the judicial authorities of Koblenz, Guede
declared that he had met Meredith on October 31, had flirted with her, and that they had made
a date with each other for the evening of the next day; that he had left his house at around
19:30-19:45, and had met his friend AC, that he had gone to via della Pergola, hadn't found
Kercher, and had gone away again to buy a kebab, then returned to the house, and after a few
minutes Kercher arrived; that they entered the house, kissed but did not have sexual relations;
that Kercher complained about the disappearance of money from her drawer, that she
expressed suspicion of Amanda Knox – whom she accused of smoking drugs – that he went
into the bathroom, listening to loud music with his earphones, that he heard the doorbell ring,
and that after about five minutes he heard screaming, that he went out of the bathroom and
caught sight from behind of a shorter man standing at the threshold of Kercher's room or just
inside, that Meredith was lying bleeding on the floor, that the man turned towards him and
tried to strike him with a knife, wounding him in the right hand (wounds which appear in the
photographs taken by the German authorities), and that he then saw him – after hearing him
pronounce the phrase “black man found, guilty man found” - leave the house. Guede
continued his story by saying that he tried to help the girl, staunching her wounds with a
towel that he took from the bathroom, but the blood continued to flow, so he took another
towel, and managed to understand a word that Meredith pronounced “AF”, but then he heard
sounds from the floor below, panicked, and rushed out of the house, leaving the door open
and Kercher on the floor, dressed, the shutters open and Romanelli's windowpane not
smashed.

The following interrogations of the accused, the interrogation before the magistrate
[interrogatorio di garanzia] by the GIP on Dec. 7, 2007, one by the PM on March 26, 2008
and another on May 15, 2008, did not differ by much from the gist of the story he told in
Germany, although there are some differences of detail that are not negligible:

In the interrogation before the magistrate [interrogatorio di garanzia], he stated that at the
beginning of October, he was invited by two boys who lived in the flat on the lower floor of
via della Pergola, he had met Kercher and exchanged a few words with her; on a second
occasion he had met the girl by chance at the Shamrock pub in the center of Perugia, on the
occasion of a rugby match between England and South Africa, when he was together with his
friends AC, PM [6] and F, and had chatted several times with her. On a third occasion, on
October 31, he had met her at a Halloween party at the house of some Spanish friends, in
disguise. On that occasion Guede, after exchanging banter with her, kissed her in a particular

place in the house which he described by saying “a bathroom here and one here, and a room”,
told her that he wanted to see her again, and stated that they made a date with each other for
the next day, Nov. 1. He added that on the day of the date, before seeing Meredith, he had
seen his friends A and P, and had told the latter that he was supposed to see a girl, and would
meet him again later together with A. He also stated that after having gone to the Spanish
people's house and kissed Meredith there, he had gone to the Domus, hoping in vain to meet
her there.

He added another detail that was new with respect to the story he told in Germany: that he
and Meredith had been petting after he had gone into the house in via della Pergola with the
girl, both touching each other in their intimate parts, and that he had penetrated the girl with
just fingers, and touched her breasts and her bra under her shirt. On the girl's query as to
whether he had condoms, and his negative response, they straightened themselves up, and he
went to the bathroom, the one used by Romanelli and Mezzetti, for a call of nature. Then he
repeated the version of the facts that he had already given the German police. He repeated
that he had not seen the face of Meredith's attacker, who was still smaller than he was and
who had a Napapjiri jacket and brown hair, but the scene was lit only by a lamp in the room
where Meredith was lying. He added that he heard the steps of more than one person on the
stones outside the house. He reaffirmed that he had touched many places in the room with
blood on his hands, but that the room was orderly (but he didn't explain his handprint on the
pillow under the body of the girl, a pillow that he recalled as being on the bed, outside of the
quilt on which the girl's jacket and bag lay), that Meredith was dressed, that the windowpane
of the window, which he had leaned out of, was not broken, and that Romanelli's room was in
order, and her shutters and inner shutters were open. He had left the house on via della
Pergola at around 22:30. The next day, he had met AC, PM and SC. On the 3rd he had left,
going through Florence, Bologna and Milan, from where he took a train to Germany and
reached Dusseldorf.

In the third interrogation by the P.M. (Public Prosecutor), on March 3, 2008, he [i.e. Rudy]
established that the date of his meeting with Meredith was between October 12 and October
14, at the boys' place. The boys lived in the apartment [7] downstairs. He stated that
Meredith only took one drag off the joint that was circulating among the young people. He
corrected himself about the place where he had met Meredith dressed as a vampire; it was not
in the afternoon, but in the night of October 31, at the Domus – “there's the bar for drinks
and then there's a room; there's, there's an arch, and a room. I was going around there, and
that's where I met Meredith”
, there where he had gone after visiting two flats inhabited by
Spanish students.

The next day he had left the house at around 18:00 and went to see AC, and had exchanged a
few words in the street with PM, with whom he had arranged a meeting for later on because
he had to see a girl first. He repeated the same version, the ringing of the doorbell and hearing
Kercher say to someone in English “we have to talk”. He hadn't closed the door of the

bathroom and heard a female voice which seemed to him to be that of Amanda Knox (this
was the first time he mentioned her!) answer in English, asking “what's happening?” or
“what's the problem?” From the bathroom, he heard the two women speak, and after a few
minutes he heard a scream louder than the music in his earphones; he went out and saw the
man armed with a knife on Meredith's threshold. He no longer spoke of a fight lasting five
minutes or more, but of a lightening-fast fight before the man fled.

The novelty of the third interrogation was the statement that from Romanelli's window, he
briefly saw a female figure with loose hair which seemed to be that of Amanda Knox. Then
he repeated what he had already stated: that Meredith's room was in order, that the girl was
on the floor, dressed, that he tried to staunch the blood with two towels and then fled,
terrified.

On May 15th a fourth interrogation took place, solicited by Guede, following the order issued
by the Court of Cassation in the formally opened de libertate proceeding: there, he said that
he was wearing Nike shoes, corresponding to the empty shoe box found during the search of
his flat in via del Canerino, compatible with some of the shoeprints found in the house in via
della Pergola, above all with one found near Meredith Kercher's body.

pp. 5-8 [4-7]

RUDY GUEDE'S FAILED FINAL APPEAL, ITALIAN HIGH COURT
Top Profile E-mail 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]